MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION between PUBLIC ASSOCIATION ” MEDIATION FEDERATION OF UKRAINE” and YURIY FEDKOVYCH CHERNIVTSI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
On December 4, 2020, in our opinion, a significant event took place both in the development of the future organization of training mediators and in the spread of the culture of mediation in the Ukrainian society. So, within the framework of the grant project “Mediation: Training and Society Transformation / MEDIATS” of the EU ERASMUS +: KA2: CBHE Program and in order to improve the training of specialists of alternative methods of resolving disputes in Ukraine, primarily mediators, the rector of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University professor Roman PETRYSHYN signed a Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation with the Public Association ” Mediation Federation of Ukraine” in order to confirm the mutual desire to cooperate, coordinate and unite their efforts to a) promote the values of mediation and alternative dispute resolution in general in Ukrainian society; b) improving the conditions for the implementation of the educational and professional program “Mediation” at the Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University; c) development of cooperation with the ” Mediation Federation of Ukraine”. Such cooperation will be based on the principles of mutual equality and mutual benefit. The parties will explore opportunities for interaction in various educational, research and scientific initiatives in areas of mutual interest. This collaboration potentially includes the following:
- implementation of new and improvement of existing educational programs and working curricula;
- assistance in improving the system of training and retraining of professional mediators;
- promoting internships for students and teachers in the field of mediation;
- involvement of scientists and specialists in solving urgent scientific and practical problems in the field of mediation in the interests of the whole society;
- joint research and grant projects on the above-mentioned topics;
- joint legal education events, trainings, round tables, conferences, etc.;
- maintaining a professional register of mediators in Ukraine;
- promoting the unification and standardization of the professional activities of mediators and the training of mediators;
- assistance in the dissemination and popularization of the values of mediation in Ukraine;
- assistance in the implementation of projects, programs and activities aimed at improving the methods and techniques of mediation;
- promoting educational activities to spread the culture of alternative (out-of-court) conflict resolution and promoting mediation as a value.
The main direction of this cooperation is an agreement on the coordination of goals, objectives, and activities to create favorable conditions for the development of mediation as a culture and the widespread use of alternative methods of resolving disputes in Ukraine.
Ruslana Havrylyuk, Doctor of Law, Head of the Department of public law of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Manager of the working group of the project “Mediation: Training and Society Transformation / MEDIATS” of the EU Program ERASMUS +: KA2